Two months.
What have I learned?
The first and foremost thing is that I absolutely love and am completely accustomed to the American work ethic. Last Wednesday, the train conductors decided to go on strike because they feel as though they should be able to retire at 55 instead of 60. Frankly, I do not care which age they choose, just give me some trains.
Secondly, I find that French people overestimate their influence in the world. As I see it now, it would be hard to convince me that they have any say. They contend that their cuisine is the best (it's good but probably not the best), they are very arrogant about their wine (which is falling in popularity being replaced by Napa Valley wines alongside the Australian/NZ wines). Needless to say, some things about the French are bothering me.
Now onto the good things, wine. I can easily say that I polish off a bottle of wine every day. I think it was Friday, but one day last week Beaujolais came out. For the French, this marks a special season because this type of wine must be consumed within the year it was made. Also, it is apparently one of the wines that carries the most pride for French people. I must say, it's very good. Very very good.
BIG NEWS...
My apartment should be getting internet soon. If you were not aware, I have to use the school's computers during the week and typically have no access during the weekends. Recently, we slyly got keys to access the school's computers during the weekends but we aren't supposed to. With that said, I kept asking our boss the possibility of getting internet in the apartment; she broke. She said we should be getting it soon. The problem, however, is that it will have the same restrictions that the school computers have (no aim, restricted sites, etc).
I also discovered that which is skype. If you don't have skype, download it immediately. If you have skype, we can talk for absolutely free. If not, I can call you for like 2 euro centimes a minute (that is super cheap).
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire