Upon arrival in Verdun, goal one was to find a cafe to call my own. I want to be a local. After very minimal searching (one because it was one of the first I tried and two because there are only so many cafes), I found it. Vitali's was to become the new homestead.
After frequenting Vitali's several times with friends, teachers, etc I realized that one of the bartenders/waiters was extremely attractive. Now, don't get me wrong. He's no "knight in shining armor," "charming prince" attractive. He's normal attractive. He has no superfluous features. He doesn't have a huge nose, he doesn't have an incredible physique. He's normal. Yet, he's gorgeous.
Normally in Vitali's we're all English speakers so we very rarely speak in French. Thus, I'd imagine all of the bar staff were quite intimidated by us. Needless to say, we had very minimal activity between us and them.
Using this distance to our benefit, we speculated. We decided that two bartenders were married, the female of which happened to be the daughter of the owners, etc. My world was undone, however, when I asked a student of mine (friends with the female bartender) if the two bartenders are married. His response was to scoff at me. Well shit, we had it all wrong!
Now the big question, why aren't they married?
Because Jen and I have begun to frequent rather frequently and for prolonged periods of time, I think they have become much more comfortable around us. So, the male bartender (hot) has started talking to us. Recently, he locked the doors to the bar whilst we were there and offered us drinks until we wanted to leave. We continued to talk for hours on end, about random things. Nothing majorly important. Since we were unsure of his general sexuality, I asked Anne-Isabelle, Verdun's own fag hag. She happens to be one of my teachers as well. She confirmed suspicions that he is, in fact, a homosexual. She was disappointed to inform me that he is taken and has a dog with the boyfriend (aka he's married).
Wow. Now with all that said, I can very happily say that the past four days have been spent in Vitali's talking to Axel Delandre. I am, for what it's worth, infatuated beyond belief. I will try to slyly take pictures so I can post them (and you can see him). We have talked about many many things but the gay topic and the boyfriend topic have not come up. Although, the opportunities have arisen.
A toute a l'heure!
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
1 commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire