jeudi 25 octobre 2007

The life of a pilgrim...

Sometimes I get this overwhelming feeling as though I am a pilgrim. I have taken a step back in time. I can try to explain and hopefully you will begin to understand exactly what I mean by this.

First, there are certain amenities that France has not discovered. Among these things is the dryer. It does not necessarily bother me that dryers do not exist in France, but the fact that I have to wash my clothes in the shower does bother me. At times I am able to take a little trip to the laundromat, but the act of washing clothes in the shower has become commonplace. AND we don't have a dryer.

The part that makes me laugh the most is that France is still considered "First World." What in the hell is "First World" about not having dryers? Damnit. Maybe it's just me who notices these things. But it is not. I have a British friend here who feels the same way. My mind explodes on a daily basis. No wonder French people smell so terrible; they never wash their clothes. Ew.

That's pretty much the only rant I have for now. Today I hate France. It's that love-hate relationship bullshit.

Isaac Melvin Arnold is a pilgrim, that is all.

Aucun commentaire: