When you think of Piedmont, SC, what exactly do you think of?
Probably Verdun. They are one in the same. No night life, no young adults, nothing for a wannabee-professional to do.
So I live with an Irish girl, Suzanne; a German girl, Norma; two French aides; and a random professor who stays there about 2-3 times a week. We share a bathroom, toilet, and kitchen/living space. Notice that I separated bathroom and toilet. They aren't in the same room at all. Actually, there is a floor between them. Bizarre, bizarre.
Gladly, things have been easy to figure out here. I can buy meals at the school for 1.90 euro, which is about 2.50 or so dollars. They don't have the best vegetarian options, but I'm not crying. It's cheap.
Yesterday I met other assistants in the area; English, Irish, American, etc. So that provided a huge breath of fresh air. Hopefully we can hang out and speak English together although I am speaking a lot of English - I might put an end to that soon.
That's all for now.
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire