mercredi 17 octobre 2007

"You are the epitome of impulsive..."

Lots of time has passed since the last entry, but I must say that not a lot has happened.

Actually, a decent amount has gone down...

I guess I'll start with that which most of you are already aware, the tattoo. So, another American assistant, Crista, is in Verdun. She's from San Diego and her boyfriend/friend/tattoo artist came with her for the first, oh two weeks. His name is Dan. Well, of course I had already divulged to a few folks that I did want a tattoo while in France, so it was common knowledge. Then Dan outed himself as a tattoo artist. Of course I was like, eh sure. I was still a bit hesitant though.

Crista let him tattoo her last Friday, and I thought the tat looked great. Then, this crazy British guy Chris very quickly and all-of-a-sudden drew up a design and got it. That tattoo covered his shoulder, so it was quite large.

I watched as Chris got his tattoo, and I was like "Damnit, I need one and I might as well since Dan's here." So he and I talked to square away the details - clean needles, etc. Then started the tattoo...

And now it's done. If you haven't seen already, you can find the pictures on my facebook account (search for Isaac Arnold at Furman University), or at myspace.com/isaacmarnold.

It just so happens that I got the tattoo the same day as the France-England rugby game, so all the Frenchies that I watched the game with (a bunch of school supervisors about 23-25)loved it. Of course they assumed it was for the game and I chose not to correct them. When the game wrapped up, I must say I was quite disappointed. Apparently all of France went out and got trashed though. Whew there were some drunkies. This one super nice French guy Julien ended up buying all the assistants' drinks - NICE.

As far as the work day goes, it's pretty boring. I'm still at the stage where I'm introducing myself to high schoolers that have zero clue as to what is going on. I observed one class the first week that I absolutely fell in love with, but the English teacher in charge of us couldn't fit them into my schedule. I cry on a nightly basis. Ok I don't really, but you know.

As for home, I miss Waffle House big time. I can't even tell you how many times I've just wanted to eat some scrambled eggs and grits. Of course, I miss everyone too. Often times I just wish I had a phone card so I could just tell one of you what just happened and blah blah blah. You know, those useless conversations...

That's all for now, if you love me you will send me things. I shall try to send some back.

Aucun commentaire: